You are here » Shri Shanidev »The importance
God Shani is an ocean of compassion.
- God Shani, the son of God Sun, is such a God of the mortal world who, when the time comes, weighs the good and bad deeds of man and bestows punishment and purifies him.
- God Shani is a judge. And judgment is always impartial. Therefore he is considered cruel.
- God Shani’s dark complexion is such that no other colour can stay on it.
- God Shani’s metal is iron and steel which is the most useful and strong.
- God Shani’s greatest love is helping the poor and the diseased.
- God Shani’s favourite things such as oil, coal, iron, black ‘til’, urud, shoes and chappals are given away as alms.
- The time and effort that goes into the installation of God Shani is the most sacred alms.
- God Shani is the lord of spiritualism. Whichever devotion, penance, dedication
- And so on are of prime importance.
- God Shani is the lord of social togetherness. Without his grace, even the family togetherness is unthinkable of.
- God Shani gives the boon of success in social, political, traditional, spiritual, career, educational and business areas.
- God Shani gives relief from diseases and grants a long life.
- God Shani is the God of the ‘kalyug’.
- God Shani has many names. And the realm of his might is vast and great.
- All people from the high and mighty to the lowliest are scared of God Shani.
- God Shani is an uncommon God of the world.
- The vehicle of God Shani is made up of iron. (Matsyapuran 127,8)
- The weapons of God Shani are Bow and arrow and trishul (trident).